Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Then God said...

Today I was sitting on the couch, looking out the window, enjoying the quiet, when my eyes wandered to the sun shining on the beautiful trees outside. And I began to think about how the leaves soak up the sunlight and use its energy to create and to reproduce and to grow and to live, and all of the incredible processes that take place to accomplish those things, most of them too small to see with the naked eye. How the living cells travel up and down through the plants, how the chloroplasts create chlorophyll, giving the leaves their color, how something so large as a tree could be formed by something as small as cells, the incredible complexity of it all... And as I thought all of this, one overhanging idea rung in my mind: God made it all just by speaking a simple phrase. "Let the land sprout with vegetation - every sort of seed-bearing plant, and trees that grow seed-bearing fruit. These seeds will then produce the kinds of plants and trees from which they came." And that is what happened. And I imagined all of the trees and plants sprouting up all over the earth. Amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment