Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

He Makes Me Lie Down

This week has been crazy busy for me. Ridiculously busy. Not in a bad way, just... busy. So I haven't done my verses for the past two days. The result: I woke up this morning groaning because I would have to memorize seven verses today. Seven! In one day! Impossible.

Or not.

I was busy all morning, and subsequently put it off until I got to work at Price Cutter around three o'clock. I would work for five hours - one of the shortest days I've had since I began working there. It ended up not only being the shortest amount of time I've worked, but the easiest and slowest time I've ever experienced there. I was probably not busy doing anything during two of my five hours, plus two fifteen minute breaks. So basically, even during all of my busyness, God gave me time to work on something that was important to my heart. I had my note cards in my pocket and was able to memorize those seven verses no problem. Praise the Lord!

This made me think of Psalm 23, where David says, "He leads me beside still waters, he makes me to lie down in green pastures, he restores my soul."

A lot of times, I will deliberately not choose to rest myself, even when I most need it. I, like a sheep, will run myself 'til I literally fall asleep from exhaustion. This is why I need a God who makes me rest. He makes me lie down. I don't have a choice. 

Amen... and thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment